Wednesday 8 April 2015

We're all going on a summer holiday...

I'd better start with a confession. I'm not really that interested in writing, so I'm leaving it to my Mum, Dad and two brothers to do the blogging. It seems they have got a crazy plan that we all cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats this summer (July 20th - August 8th 2015 to be precise). It's fine by me, I love cycling (I go on the back of the tandem). It won't be our first cycling holiday (we had one in Holland, and another round the Austrian lakes) - but it will certainly be the longest. We are not speedy cyclists, and will be taking three weeks for the trip, at 50-60 miles a day, which we hope won't be too strenuous, but there are sure to be some tough days.

We'll be fundraising for a charity as well: YMPA Perth and Kinross (see their Facebook page). They raise funds to help children attend the fantastic music camps run by the (equally fantastic) Perth and Kinross Instrumental Music Service (IMS). In fact, I am at Senior Music Camp right now (another reason why I am not actually writing this post). If you are near Perth, why not come to our end of camp concert, Saturday 11th April at Perth Concert Hall, or Perth Youth Orchestra's concert the next day.

I'll blog more about the great work of the IMS another time, and my progress in training for the big trip. Our next milestone is the Kinross Sportive at the end of April!

p.s. why 'tandemandtuba'? Well, if there is one thing I like more than riding a bike, it is playing my tuba. But I haven't yet figured out a way to do both at the same time...


1 comment:

  1. It is just great that you had a summer holiday party. I am looking forward to see some photographs from this party. Could you please share here? Actually I need some ideas for my Christmas holiday party. I think I will get great party inspirations from your party!

    ReplyDelete